Thursday 14 January 2010

At the End of the Bar

So last night I was sitting in my usual spot down at the ol' Bar and Thrill, when some dude noticed me from the well and came over to talk.

He said, "I have to tell you, you look like the girl in the music video, who's sitting at the bar."

I don't think either of us knew what that meant. I believe my response was, "Ummmm...?" He told me that I didn't look depressed or anything, added, "You're just very pretty and that girl is exactly what you look like sitting here."

I was still confused. "Uh, thank you? Is that even a thank you?"

"Yeah, it's not really a compliment is it?"

I shrugged. "No, but it's not negative either, it just is what it is."

At this point the guy wandered away, leaving me to ponder what this meant. He never talked to me again or even introduced himself, for the rest of the night. Maybe he does this on a regular basis. Guerrilla attacks on strangers' psyches in bars. What an odd pasttime.

I still don't know what he was on about, or what to do with that information. If you have any suggestions, send them my way, and they will be duly ignored... I mean, read dilligently and considered carefully...

No comments:

Post a Comment