Friday 30 September 2011

One Stop Too Far

I was really unhappy to leave New Zealand this morning. But now I kind of want to go home.

After a get-me-there-way-too-early airport shuttle (early check-out time), a 2.5 hour wait at the airport, a 4 hour flight, a 3 hour time change, long customs and immigration queues, and another hour on a bus to my current hotel, I'm in Melbourne. And I'm exhausted.The weather here is terribly grey and Seattle-ish, and the moment I went out to get some food, it started pouring. It's wet, and it's cold. I popped into the first superette I came across, bought a few snacks, and came back only slightly drenched.

I'm just travel weary.

And I need to buck up. I have less than 40 hours here.

Ok. Less whining, more wine. And rugby. Big match tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment