Wednesday 2 June 2010

Naptime

At home, I can never nap. It's not from lack of desire, I just don't have the ability. On vacation, I always nap. I'm not sure why, I guess the relaxation just gets the best of me. Today, napping was a big mistake.

After my last post, I plopped on the bed to put my feet up for a few minutes before going out again, and immediately crashed out. I woke up feeling a mess. I've been completely adjusted for the last 3 days, and suddenly now I've given myself jet lag? After having it together since Day Two, now my shit is all apart?

Not cool. I blame the creepy people on the headboard.

I figured I'd be fine if I just went out and got some dinner, got to walking around again. But the moment I left, my head was in a fog and my attitude surly. The streets I'd been walking all day, that I had gotten to know, were confusing and unfamiliar. I hated everyone walking around or lounging in the sun, and wanted to punch the cyclists who zoomed by too closely. I had to come back to my room; I was officially a danger to myself and others.

This is a bad sign. I don't want to have to readjust every other day, or be punished for relaxing. I also don't want to miss out on enjoying the places I visit, just because my sleep patterns are so screwed up.

I'm drinking a nice Westmalle dubbel in an attempt to rally; if anything will make me human again, it's beer, right? Right?!

(sigh)

No comments:

Post a Comment