Wednesday 2 June 2010

Amsterdam

Having spent several hours over the last 2 days wandering Amsterdam, I've come to one conclusion: I feel weird being a tourist here.

Today I checked out Dam Square, which is a big mess of construction right now, and happened past the Anne Frank house and a couple of museums, but I didn't go into the places, or take a single photo. I could see myself living here, working here, but not visiting historical sites and taking pictures of buildings. I feel strange doing it, so I haven't.

I've shopped, had lunch, got holla'd at by a couple of guys with dredlocks (I don't speak dutch, so I have no idea what they were saying, but they were clearly upset that I wasn't responding), and just generally been here. I don't know what else to do with myself.

It's a beautiful sunny day out, mid-sixties temperatures, so I guess I'll just continue to hang out and feel weird being a tourist for the rest of the day. I'm thinking it will be pretty boring: dinner, beer, sitting around in the sun, then back here to get ready for my flight to Norway in the morning.

I know, I just can't be pleased. Too touristy, then not touristy enough! Maybe one of the next 4 cities will get it just right for Goldilocks.


No comments:

Post a Comment