Wednesday 21 April 2010

Several Places at Once

I'm having a lot of disconnected thoughts at the moment. Here are the main topics.

Having a life is overrated
I'm glad I'm not a homeowner; I have not now, nor have I ever had, a desire to own property. Partly it's my general commitment issues, but mostly it's because if something broke and I was solely responsible for fixing it, it would stay broken. My bathtub faucet has been running hot water like, well, a faucet, for months. The "leak" was fixed once, and now apparently can't be fixed again, so the solution is to tear apart my whole shower area and rebuild it anew. My response was "Awesome! But how long will it take?" They claim the work will all be done in one day, tomorrow. I'm not so optimistic about the one day thing. I imagine I'll be without any bathing facilities for a bit longer, meaning I will be staying home where I can stink without offending anyone. Sounds great, huh?

I heart oregano
Last week I got some fresh oregano in my produce order, which I had never seen before. My whole life I've only had the dry flakes from the jar, bland but still mildly bitter. I had written it off as a useless herb, but the fresh stuff is really good! Especially on roasted asparagus with garlic and bacon.

Books are usually better
I finally bothered to watch Up in the Air, and I didn't really like it. It wasn't bad, but I truly loved and identified with Ryan Bingham from the book. The book wouldn't have made a good movie, though, since it had no standard plotline, just a lot of interesting characters, internal struggles, and random events in one guy's life. So while the film would've been good on its own, the fact that it claimed to be based on the book ruined it for me. Because it really wasn't.

Having a life is overrated, part 2
I've been loving watching hockey every night lately, but the way my teams are playing, they might all be out of the playoffs after the first round. That means I'd be away from the TV and back in the world by maybe next week. But what if I don't want to go?

I think I need to get out of the city, even if just for a day. Look at the way my mind is wandering! I must be going crazy...

1 comment: