Tuesday 18 January 2011

My Happy Place

My day of relaxation in the sun yesterday was a complete success. I spent the whole time lounging around various spots in the resort, read an entire book, and even managed not to get sunburned. I was, unfortunately, caught by a mosquito or two, leaving a few red, itchy welts down my left arm. I'm not sure what makes that particular appendage so tasty, but the rest of me was left alone.

At one point, I glanced up in the bathroom mirror while washing my hands and thought, Damn! This beachwear makes me look cute! Then I looked a second longer -- swimsuit peeking out of a cheap coverup brought back from Hawaii, hair in a messy ponytail, sunglasses atop my head, no makeup, skin shiny from sunscreen -- and realized that I didn't look cute at all. What I did look was relaxed; I looked happy. Apparently, that's more flattering than anything else I could do. Who knew?

Since I don't have much else to say, I'll just share a few of the views I enjoyed yesterday, and get back to my last full day in the sun.


No comments:

Post a Comment