Monday 15 July 2019

London / BST Hyde Park

Just on my way back from my latest time in London. It feels so homey here, I can't stop coming back. Once someone asked me how many times I'd been here, and I had no idea... And that was 5 or 6 visits ago.

I'm sitting in the lounge at Heathrow now, feeling awful with the cold that just keeps getting worse, but also in a fantastic mood, still buzzing from last night. I had originally planned to be in London until Saturday, but when I realised my main man Robbie Williams was closing a festival Sunday night, I updated my plans, got over my hatred of festivals, and bought a ticket.

The gig was BST Hyde Park, and yesterday was its last day of a few weekend concerts. Other acts on the main stage yesterday were Feeder, Texas, Keane, and The Black Eyed Peas. I've enjoyed both Texas and Keane in past, but given the aforementioned cold virus, wasn't sure how much time I could handle in a mega crowd. I left my hotel about 4 hours before Rob was set to hit the stage, which put me arriving just as Keane got started. From my seat in the VIP Garden, they sounded pretty good. Then I attempted to enjoy The Black Eyed Peas (meh), still in the Garden area, before making my way into the crowd in front of the stage for Mr Williams.
 
As always, the show was off the charts, and Rob seemed to be enjoying himself more than ever as the crowd of 65,000 sang his songs back to him... So much so that I also found myself grinning like an idiot for half the gig. Unfortunately with my cough, I didn't just lose my voice jokingly like I always say... I literally lost it completely after singing and cheering all night. By the end of the show, I opened my mouth, and no sound came out. As of today it's back up to a low croak, but I still sound pretty pathetic. Regardless, I wouldn't have missed it for anything. Call me the Little Mermaid, because I will happily give up my voice for this man.

Before the big show, I had a day and a half in my favourite city, which I spent doing lots of shopping -- my luggage is SO heavy today -- visiting the Saatchi Gallery, and soaking as much out of my V&A membership as possible.

The Victoria and Albert Museum is always the first stop for me in London, so last time I was here, I became a member. Well worth it. This time I saw all the current exhibitions, plus wandering the general area, and got a rare non-crowded second viewing of the Dior exhibit. Love it so much.

So I'm happy and sad about going back to America-land today. Miss my cat, but will miss London too...

No comments:

Post a Comment