Sunday 6 November 2011

A New York Blur

I'm so sleep deprived and puffy-eyed from allergies right now that I can barely see clearly. But I'm showered, dressed and coffee-ing up to go out in half an hour anyway. Did I mention how over-scheduled this trip is?

Here's what we did yesterday:
  • Left the hotel at 9:30, grabbed breakfast at Starbucks, walked up to the subway
  • Waited ages for the local, rode the subway way out of the way due to impatience, which I'm calling a tradition now instead of a year over year mistake
  • Spent roughly 2 hours at the Museum of Natural History
  • Came back to midtown, ate dirty water street hot dogs for lunch
  • Steve went to see Follies, I went shopping at Rockefeller Plaza
  • We met back at the hotel to freshen up for a few minutes, then took a walk down through the fashion district, where we found that pretty much everything, including Mood, had closed about 20 minutes earlier, sent the boys a photo
  • Sat down for beers and bar food at the Local West, across from Madison Square Garden... after happening to walk by the player entrance as the Habs buses rolled in and Ranger superfans screamed Canadian slurs at them. Tweeted with awesome actor Jay Baruchel about it.
  • Saw the Habs play a half crap, half decent game against the Rangers, and lose 5-3. But I love seeing them live anyway
  • Hung at the Duplex with the same bartender from last year for a couple hours, drank much.
  • Spent too long at the Halal cart on the way back, chatting with a drunk Canadian and purchasing delicious street meat
  • Came back to the hotel to eat and pass out a little after 2am (the 2nd 2am of falling back) and got the most sleep I've had in days... just under 8 hours
Now Steve's in a tizzy to get to our lunch reservations, so great pate, but I gotta motor. This city really never sleeps, so now, neither do I...

No comments:

Post a Comment