Tuesday 31 August 2010

Everywhere, but Still Here

I haven't written in a while. Where in the world has Girl 2 been?

Around. In Seattle. In Chelan for a weekend. Busy. But mostly, happy.

Recently I've found myself in a most enjoyable triumvirate. Not only did we all click immediately, and discover that we have a great time as a group, we all have the availability and similar schedules required to get together pretty much all the time. So that's where I've been -- out with my boys.

That's right. The photo has not been doctored. It's me, dancing at the Cuff, and drinking a Miller High Life. Fun works in mysterious ways.

However, turns out having a social life cuts into my online time quite a bit. Maybe this weekend when I leave town again, I'll finally catch up.

Which brings me to my next subject: turns out travel is now my thing. I realized a couple of years ago how much I loved gallivanting around, seeing different places and checking out what the world has to offer. I've even been willing to give up all my beloved shopping -- even for shoes -- in order to put every extra dime toward getting out of town.  And it has served me well.

In the past 12 months, I've spent every vacation day from work out of town. That has taken me to more than 20 cities in 10 different countries, including 5 US states. Before the end of 2010, I'll visit 3 more states, and fly thousands of additional miles.

Not only that, but I always have something to talk about at boring parties and family gatherings. It has become my go-to distraction when I'm bored with whatever else I should be doing. And I've turned into the expert, constantly on top of the cheapest ways to go without sacrificing comfort, and the source of travel tips among all my friends and relations.

While I always wanted to be here, I never thought I would be. But I'm glad that I am. Now, like Dolly Parton when she first became rich and famous, I feel like I should give back to those less fortunate. But how can I share this? Maybe I could... Wait, that reminds me: trip to Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, needs to go on the list for this year.

Now what was I saying again? Nevermind, Virgin America is having a sale, gotta go. K-loveya-bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment