Wednesday 3 March 2010

A World of Silence

I can't talk. Well, I can, in a really raspy low voice, but I'm not supposed to, because I have laryngitis.

I caught a mild cold that came on in the middle of last week, and didn't really limit my activities or make me feel all that bad. Friday I had the day off and a good friend in from out of town, so I went on with my plans for the day. The relaxed afternoon with an old friend extended into a crazy night with new friends, getting home at 4am, and losing both my voice and the belt of my raincoat along the way.

My immune system became vengeful, and I got the World's Worst Cough, which turned my hoarse voice into actual laryngitis by Monday. The cure is mostly to just be quiet until symptoms go away, which according to WebMD, should be "no more than two weeks."

TWO WEEKS?!?!

I hope my two readers are ready for a lot of writing to come, because I don't know any sign language. And everyone knows I can't just shut up for 14 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment