Friday 2 March 2012

London, Back Again

I'm tired today. And cranky. And feeling quite ill. Generally not a good travel day.

Typically when I'm out on a trip, I don't pay attention to the day of the week; it's all here today, there tomorrow, somewhere else the day after. But I was reminded that today's Friday because I shared a car on the train from Cardiff with a big group of guys heading to London for a stag weekend. How did I know that's what they were up to? Funny you should ask. Even with ear buds in and music cranked to 11, I could hear EVERY GODDAMN DRUNKEN WORD THEY SAID.

Ahem. Inhale. Exhale. OK.

After an annoying 2 hours, I arrived to a cold and dreary day in London, got into the hotel and had no desire to go out again. I eventually did leave because I was out of foodstuffs, but all the chocolates and meat-flavored crisps have finally caught up with me, and I've no interest in putting a thing into my stomach.

Oy, Friday night in the world's best city, and I don't feel like doing anything but lying in bed. Time to find a way to buck up...

No comments:

Post a Comment