Sunday 15 January 2012

A State of Relaxation, Damnit

Day 2 in Puerto Vallarta, and so far I've been annoyed by 3 things:

1 - The ice machine. There isn't one on my floor. So getting ice for my in-room bar involves trips up and down the elevator.

2 - The time change. I slept in until 11 today, which my body thought was a fairly early 9am. But I still missed breakfast and about 3 hours of precious sunlight.

3 - Continental breakfast. Because breakfast ends at 10:30, they keep a continental breakfast going until noon. I've had it in the other Riu resorts, and it's a pretty good spread. Not here. I always bring my own coffee, but there was no hot water to put in it, and the only food was a smattering of sliced melon and some sandwich makings with thoroughly stale bread. Luckily I brought a few granola bars for this very situation.

The hardest thing for me is actually relaxing, though. I keep mentally planning out my day to make sure I get everything in… grab a shady beach chair for reading, visit the one area of the hotel with wi-fi, hit the gift shop, make sure I get some decent lunch before they close it and I'm stuck in the lunch-dinner gap starving…

And I have to stop myself, because it doesn't matter. So what if I don't get to the gift shop until 7pm? Do I need to worry about lunch timing? I'll get hungry, and I'll eat. And if I don't get enough time on wi-fi, I'll catch up on it later. Then my brain goes, nope, make sure to bring a watch, because we're on a schedule here!

Sigh. I'm not good at relaxing. Time to go try to get better at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment