Sunday 15 May 2011

Seattle's Hottest Club

A few episodes back, How I Met Your Mother had a great scene where the gang tried to decide where to go out for the night. Of course, the conversation quickly turned into a circular Who's On First style bit involving clubs with names like Where, Open, Closed, and Lame. Of course, Jordan, Anthony, and I immediately made this a Thing.

Shortly thereafter, I realized you could have a similar conversation using the names of real Seattle bars, and we've been knocking the idea around ever since. Here's my attempt at actually writing it down. Oddly, it's not too unlike our typical conversations when we head out, and sort of explains why we always end up at the same place.

I'm sure Jordan -- who is a better writer than I am -- will also take a stab at some point. Let the Awesome begin.


Interested Third Party:  Where are you guys going tonight?

Sarah:  I don't know, we'll probably just go to The Lobby.

ITP:  Just into the lobby? If you're not going all the way into the building, you might as well hang around the bus stop.

Jordan:  Ugh, let's not go to The Bus Stop. A cute guy there would be like a unicorn.

S:  No way. We are not going to Unicorn. Too many hipsters. And who wants the unicorn anyway, when they could do the good old pony?

J:  True. At least Pony is still a gay bar.

ITP:  Still?

J:  I guess we could go to Still. I'm kind of in the whisky bar mood.

S:  Do you really want to go to The Whisky Bar? Everybody's so... it's just not social.

J:  We could try Social. But is it even open yet? The Seattle scene is so grim.

S:  No, we tried Grimm, remember? It wasn't my thing.

ITP:  Look, I'm sorry I asked. Even if you two plan something, it always changes...

J + S together:  We are not going to Changes.

ITP:  Sounds like you guys are bitchy tonight. Look out!

J:  Oh yeah, we could totally go to the Lookout.

S:  But it's such a long walk back up the hill after. I'm so lazy.

J:  We can always sit down in The Lobby.

ITP:  Seriously, what do you guys have against going inside the building? Would you at least go into the garage?

S:  Absolutely not. The Garage is too bro-tastic. I'd sooner go for some grizzled wizard than any of those creepy dudes.

J:  Not The Grizzled Wizard. We're not going all the way to Wallingford for a cash bar.

ITP:  I'm officially confused. Where do you guys ever go? Is there a handful? List?

S:  You really think we'd go to List? Psh. Belltown.

J:  But if we did go to Belltown, the twist would be unexpected.

S:  Twist? No, not going there either. Belltown just isn't our place.

J:  R Place?! Have you gone insane?!

ITP:  Ok, ok! Nevermind. I don't know why I bothered asking. You two can't decide anyway. Always with the changes.

J + S together:  We are not going to Changes.

ITP:  [sigh] So... the Lobby, then?

No comments:

Post a Comment